Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Don't want extended taskbar!
Koolmoe   2002-07-25 03:12
Hi,
Tried the reg tweak posted under:
Enabling Dualview In Windows 2000
but it had no effect. I have a Dell 1.6ghz, 512ram, etc > GeForce2 MX 400 dualhead running 19" and 17" Dell monitors (29.42 drivers installed).
I really don't like the Windows taskbar being extended across both monitors. I'd like it to appear as it did when I ran dual monitors under Win98 - one typical desktop on the primary and pure extra desktop space (no taskbar or anything) on the secondary.
This is cause I don't always need two monitors, and I'd like to just turn off the second one when not needed (but of course, if I do that now, I loose the systray/clock).

Per the 'Enabling Dualview In Windows 2000' thread, I don't have a 'advanced > GeForce2 > Advanced option in the control panel. I do have an 'Additional Properties' option, but that just shows Antialiasing Settings and Overlay Control tabs. No where in any Nvidia/nView dialog do I see a 'dualview' option.

I realize that may apply more to setting independant resolutions, and that would be cool in itself (considering the 17" and 19"), but I can't even do that.

So, any thoughts on
1. Why my control panels don't show this 'dualview' option?
2. How, any way possible, I can prevent the taskbar from stretching across both screens? (I assume this is possible if I simply use two video adapters?)
Thanks!
KM
Tony   2002-07-26 21:09
Well, something is wrong then with your setup. I have an ELASA Gladiac 511 Twin, and it works perfectly. I'm using the 28.32 dets, Win2K and used the reg. hack. just be sure to use ALL 4 lines of the mod.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak]
"NvCplExposeWin2kDualView"=dword:00000001

try uninstalling the current drivers, and reinstalling them, or using 28.32.

Good Luck.

Tony.

Heli - Boarder
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Don't want extended taskbar!