Forums -> Multiple monitors -> not again
daniel   2002-07-28 17:20
Had smart-taskbar turned on. (great idea btw)
I then proceeded to right click the smart taskbar and told it not to display for that screen.

Now I cant get it back, had it happen to me before but i cant remember what i did to fix it, I think it was a regedit though.

Doesnt matter if i enable/disable the smart taskbar in ultramon because it remembers not to display on the other screen anyway,
perhaps a "set to default" setting for the taskbars in ultramon options might be a go-er, cause dills like me keep mucking it lol.

Thanks for the help
Christian Studer   2002-07-28 22:55
If you still have one UltraMon taskbar, right-click the taskbar and choose 'Add Taskbar for' from the menu.

To force UltraMon to create a new default configuration, open regedit.exe and delete all subkeys of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtime Soft\UltraMon\Smart Taskbar.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
daniel   2002-07-29 01:51
I think thats what i did last time and it worked, it isnt working this time though. Installed a program called "DesktopX" from Stardock to try out, could this be causing the problem? although its not currently running, btw was running x2 monitors and a tv....had a monitor die on me though :( so its tv and 1 monitor only now, so i cant add a taskbar from another unfortunatly.
Christian Studer   2002-07-29 05:21
If TrayServer.exe (a component of DesktopX) is running, the Smart Taskbar will fail to start.

To disable TrayServer.exe, run msconfig and disable TrayServer.exe on the Startup tab.

This issue has been fixed for the next release (RC1).

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
daniel   2002-07-29 13:58
Went one better mate....nuked DesktopX off the face of my hard drive!...now the smart-taskbar is going great guns again :)
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> not again