Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Can ATi video adaptor support multi monitor in Win2K?
Denver   2000-09-26 16:13
I have a laptop which uses ATi Mobility M1 video chip, I am able to use multi monitor to Win98 but once I upgrade to Win2K it seem like no way to make the multi monitor function working. I tried update the BIOS, video driver & SP1 for Win2K but still the same, anyone know any solution on this?
Christian Studer   2000-09-27 05:19
Support for laptop multimon with Win2000 has to be provided by the laptop manufacturer, according to ATI. See their FAQ on this here.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Denver   2000-09-27 06:20
But why in the hardware list for multi mon didn't include ATi chipset? Can ATi really support multi mon in Win2K?
Christian Studer   2000-09-27 07:16
Not sure about the laptop chipsets, but the newer ATI chipsets, for example the Rage 128, do support multimon with Win2000.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Denver   2000-09-27 13:27
Thanks for the info
:)
efishwick   2000-11-29 12:57
I have posted a similar message on this subject. I cannot get Acer's W2K Rage Mobility M drivers to extend the desktop across multiple displays even when the correct drivers are loaded. Exactly the same options are there as in Win98 drivers - but under W2K they don't work.

I found someone else on a W2K message board complaining about the same thing with another (non acer) notebook and IBM gently hints that their drivers for the Rage Mobility won't do it either (they blamed Microsoft). The publicity blurb for for the Mobility 128 on ATI's website says that dual display is not supported under W2K.

I sense a theme emerging here.

E Fishwick
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Can ATi video adaptor support multi monitor in Win2K?