Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Moving from G450 ....
Chris George   2002-07-30 20:12
Hi,

I am in a dilemma. I currently have a G450 on a athlon 900/w2k system, running in independant dual head mode, and love it! However I also fly flight sim 2002 and crave for more display power. The logical choice would be the parhelia, but a) it's very expensive, and b) the drivers need maturing. So I am left with the GForce 4ti4200 / 2MXpci route... for about half the price...

The question I have is what functionality am I likely to lose dual head wise moving in such a way? I certainly don't want to lose the independant dual head ability!

Any other comments or options would be gratefully received!

Many thanks

Chris
Tony   2002-07-31 01:54
What do you think about the GF4Ti4xxx Dual Head path? Such cards do exist, you know. If you need more than 2 monitors, add a GF4MX PCI(also available as dual output cards).

Tony.

Heli - Boarder
Chris George   2002-07-31 18:57
It was in the back of my mind. Are they any good? Has the Twinview technology matured to the standard of, say, the g450?

Plus all of the cards I have come across so far have not been spec'd as twinview/nview. Does anybody have a list of good twinview ti4200 cards?

Cheers

Chris
Biff   2002-08-02 12:24
As far as I know, Nview is the successor to the rather basic twinview that previous Nvidia drivers had. Nview now provides Nvidia cards with options for repositioning dialog boxes, memorising window positions and maximising to a single display, similar to the Matrox Powerdesk controls.

On Win9x and XP, the displays on dual head Ti4xxx cards behave the same way as the displays on Matrox cards in independant mode. On Windows 2000 they behave the other way - same resolutions and colour depth on both displays - but there's a thread somewhere on this board which describes how to change that.

If I were you, I would definitely go with a dualhead Ti series card. They perform very well in Flight Sim 2002.
XtremeAzzKicker   2002-09-09 08:21
I would hold off for a bit and wait for the matrox parhelia.....they havn't let me down so far....there first drivers are usally a little buggy as with most video cards first round.....but i think it will be worth the wait...i have the G400max and have had 4 matrox cards before this....i am going to wait a while for the next drivers....they just relesed new ones but havn't heard and reviews on them yet
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Moving from G450 ....