Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Two monitor, One TV, and capture setup???
Sean   2002-08-06 08:00
Can anyone give me an idea of the best setup for my needs.

I want to have two monitors running as well as a TV output so that I can watch it on the big screen. I also want to be able to capture from video and output to video with all of three monitors still hooked up. I've been told go with Matrox RT2500 for the capture and output stuff but what graphics card would support dual monitor and TV? I've been told go with Matrox Millenium G450, 550, Parhelia, etc.

Anyone else have any thoughts???
Tony   2002-08-06 08:33
just to get this straight, do you want three different outputs at the same time (2 monitors + 1 TV)? Or can one of the monitors be mirrored onto the TV? If thr first is the case you will definatly need a 2 video card setup, or a Matrox Parehlia. Anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Heli - Boarder
Sean   2002-08-06 08:41
Weeeeelll, this would be a video editing setup somewhat. I would like the two monitors to stretch the desktop for use in programs like Adobe Premiere or Final Cuts Pro, etc. I would like the TV output to display the source coming in from the video source..... or, if I'm outputting to video I would like to see the full output on the TV screen.

I have looked at the output cable for the Matrox RT2500 and it appears to have RCA connectors for my output which could be used to send the signal to the TV but if I were outputting to analog (as in to Hi8 or VCR) I would have to disconnect the TV correct??

Does that make more sense?
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Two monitor, One TV, and capture setup???