Forums -> Multiple monitors -> which video card for multi monitor?
insane   2002-08-11 01:09
hy

sonn i'll get a secound 17" monitor

i would like to work with these 2 monitors and i want to buy a new video card to do this

but i can't decide which one is best for me

i don't want to loose the chance of playing games that's why i don't want a matrox card

what's better a ATI radeon 8500 or a GF4 Ti4200?
are the functions of hydravision software as good as nvidias nview?
what about image quality?

thx for answers
Dave O   2002-08-12 12:53
What operating system do you plan to use? Are you interested in adding a second video card or are you planning to replace your exixsting card with a dual head model?

Dave
insane   2002-08-13 02:05
hy

i want to use a single card
because i don't have any empty pci slots

i'm using win 2000 but i would change to win xp if it has a better multi monitor support
Dave O   2002-08-13 14:31
Windows2000 is a great OS. It is not so great however, if using a dual-head card for multi-monitor support. The only card I have seen work (without Registry hacks)is the Matrox. Your interest in gaming would discourage the use of the Matrox (unless you have $399 for the latest and greatest). I would recommend you upgrade to Xp unless you can free up a PCI slot. I am currently using a VisionTek Xtasy MX440 ($85)and am completely happy with it. The major selling point to me was the passive cooling. I don't need another useless noisemaker in my case. My son uses the ATI 7500LE and is equally happy. I personally don't have a preference between nView and Hydravision although I am no expert. I hope this in some way helps.

Good luck,

Dave
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> which video card for multi monitor?