Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Unable to see windows when 2nd monitor not connected
Tom   2002-08-11 06:26
I have a laptop with GeForce2Go video. I use it in extended desktop most of the time. Sometimes when I don't have the 2nd monitor I open a program (Photoshop or Canvas) that has application sub-windows that were las open on the 2nd monitor. These windows stay on the monitor that is no longer there, and I have found no way to get to them. I have to ctrl-alt-delete just to close the program. The only workaround I have found is to reconnect the external monitor, perform the function in the program that opened the subwindow on the 2nd monitor, drag the subwindow back to the primary monitor, and shut down the program. Then the sub-window will open on the primary monitor. Needless to say I can't do this when I am on the road!

Does anyone know a fix?

Tom
Mark   2002-08-12 14:33
Many apps have a workaround for this problem. I have Photoshop and Flash set to open their palette sets on the second monitor. In Photoshop see Windows/Reset Palette Locations : this moves them back onto the main monitor for me. In Flash, try setting up another custom panel set or using one of the default sets provided - selecting one of them also moves all the panels/palettes back to the main monitor. I don't have Canvas, but perhaps it has something similar to one of the above.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Unable to see windows when 2nd monitor not connected