Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multi Monitor Problems
OleX   2002-08-24 15:26
Hello

After reading all the multi monitor threads, i decided to try it out myself.

Ive got a Celeron 1.0a at 1333 with 384meg ram and a Leadtek Geforce 4 mx 440 on a 17 inch monitor.

I went and got a s3 virge dx/gx out of an older computer and chucked it into my computer and set it to primary as it doesn't work as secondary.

However now whenever im in windows i can see faint lines going up the screen on my 17 inch monitor and down the screen on the other monitor. They look a bit like refresh lines but slower. Also my mouse feels very sluggish.

Does anyone know what the problem could be. It seems as if my computer doesn't have enough grunt to power 2 monitors but i can't believe this to be the case.

Thanks for your help.

OleX
Christian Studer   2002-08-25 02:08
See the FAQ on monitor interference for fixing the problem with the moving lines.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Nite   2002-08-25 02:10
Not sure what's the case with the mouse, but I believe I can answer about the lines. They are there because the monitors' magnetic fields interfere with each other. If you move the other monitor more away from the first, the lines will disappear.

If you want 'em as close as you can, either live with the interference, or check out some places where you can buy "mu-metal". (expensive, though.)

\Nite - "can't rain all the time"
Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multi Monitor Problems