Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Geforce2MX / G450 / XP
HenryED   2002-08-28 09:54
Hi,

I've added a Matrox G450 Dualhead PCI to my Dell 8200 which already had an Nvidia Geforce 2MX card in. Trouble is I can't for the life of me get the two to work together. I've tried :

* Making each card the primary in the BIOS

* Updating the drivers for both cards to the latest available versions from the manufacturers

* Moving the G450 to the first PCI slot immediately under the AGP slot

* Removing the Geforce, then reinstalling it in the hope it grabs different resources

When I start the machine, the BIOS reports a Plug and Play config error. I can't find a way to resolve that. If I carry on anyway, XP shows the Matrox card as disabled due to a conflict (error 12) in device manager. From what I can make out, the I/O range and the last memory address range are the same as used by the Geforce. However, the option to manually set the resources is greyed out!

So, the only way I can get the Matrox card to work is to remove the Geforce, which kind of defeats the purpose as I want to run three monitors!

Any help gratefully received - I've tried everywhere :( I see other people in the database using Geforce cards with G450s, so I'm wondering if this problem is peculiar to the Dell, what with the BIOS reporting the error and so on...

Cheers,

H.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Geforce2MX / G450 / XP