Forums -> Multiple monitors -> What is the best way to maximize my io bandwidth...
r0gu3   2002-09-03 05:49
I am not really sure how to ask this, but here goes...

I have been using multiple monitors for many years And i have had many problems with secondary monitors on the pci bus... mainly that when i try to, lets say, play a movie accross multiple monitors, the pci cards seem to run out of bandwidth... after doing some quick math, i realized that
2 bytes(16bits) x 1280 x 1024 x 60(hz) = 150mB/s
which alone is greater than the 133mB/s that is available on the 33mHz 32bit pci slots

After thinking long and hard about work arounds.. i have a few questions...

1st. What motherboards are out now that give me the most IO bandwith (multiple dedicated pci controllers would be nice)??? I have been eyeing the 760mpx because of its multiple(two) pci controllers, but that leads me to my second question...

2nd. Are there any video cards that will work in a 64bit 66mHz (3.3V)pci slot, and are there any cards printed to take advantage of a 64bit pci slot? If I could take advantage of a 64bit 66mHz bus, then i could push more pixel's out in the same amount of time :).

3rd. Are there any AGP cards (besides the parhelia) which can drive more than 2 monitors?

Thanks in advanced to any replys,
r0gu3

http://r0gu3.codices.net
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> What is the best way to maximize my io bandwidth...