Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problem with Geforce2MX400 & Matrox Mystique PCI under XP
phil10480   2002-09-03 23:25
hi,

i searched the whole forum and found no solution yet :(

i have both cards installed properly, no conflicts or anything.

my problem:

XP don't recognize the second display on the mystique adapter. and i can't access the card in the display properties. my hardware manager has 4?? monitors (1 plug'n play, 3 standard) under the mx400

i tried to set the pci card to primary in the bios, but it had no effect. according to the compatibility list here all matrox adatpers should work.

please help, i don't no what to do
Nite   2002-09-04 02:24
I had *TROUBLES* getting my Mystique to work as secondary under WinXP. For your mind's sake, get another card, preferable a Matrox Millennium...

\Nite - "can't rain all the time"
Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
phil10480   2002-09-04 02:48
thanks for the quick reply.

ok, i'll throw that thing out of the window and get another ;-)

i don't want to waste more time on it
eric   2009-11-09 08:58
matrox mystique pci has drivers on matrox web site. xp drivers installed in windows 7 and work ok. video controller error in device manager. pointing drivers to unzipped folder did not find driver for other devices / video controller.
display in device manager shows correct matrox mystique pci english. note the drivers are not signed for my windows 7 with this card. they do work fine. except for the 'other devices' video controller. 1152 x 864 16 bit 85 hz. I unzipped download exe. device manager update and point to driver folder and win7 found drivers. unsigned driver install any way. works fine. includes popup menu near clock matrox quick desk.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problem with Geforce2MX400 & Matrox Mystique PCI under XP