Forums -> Multiple monitors -> solution for videowall
cman   2002-09-04 23:18
Hi all, we do projections on parties and use as well four monitors connected via videosplitter. Now i bought ge force MX 460, is there any possibility to stretch video output over all monitors?
JoeT   2002-09-09 06:03
Tough one.

Heres my previous experiances with this.

Short answer. No.
Long answer. Kinda and hopefull.

No luck getting avi/MPEG(one or two) across multiple monitors w/o disabling hardware acceleration. Disabling hardware accel works but speed does suffer.

Quicktime works but that doesn't really help you if you are using a canned solution like DVD.

I takled with the good folks at Appian a while back and ended up ranting with a techie once I baffled the sales people. Seems that the problem lies with DirectX. They can't do much about it other than give you code to change the way the computer handles the video. You of course have to code this into your app itself in order to get it to recognize the change. It was also developed for NT4. Total pain. Hope may lie with DirectX 9. (Note I didn't start the rant with the tech guy. He knew exactly what I was talking about and even related a story of a previous customer trying to get a 32 square array monitor solution up and running - that was a pain by the sounds of it, no he didn't tell me the solution. I assumed it was this custom codeset they sell)

I just fired off an email to Colorgraphics regarding their new cards. Hoping just hoping that they have some miraculous driver that allows for video across the seams of multiple monitors. If anyone else out there has had any success let us know as well. I'll post the response of Colorgraphics once it comes in.

Cheers and good luck,

Joe.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> solution for videowall