Forums -> Multiple monitors -> windows background
David   2002-09-13 00:02
Hi all
Can someone help please?
I have ATI radion 9000 pro with two monitor’s windows XP

As you look at my desk the monitor in the centre of desk is my primary
And the other monitor is to the left of centre
My problem is wean I tile windows background it tiles from centre monitor to the right
For instance a car picture from side facing left
Ass you look at centre monitor I have the front of the car the left monitor has the rear of the car
How do I get it to tile the other way
Without change primary monitor to the left
Thanks in advance
David
cobra   2002-09-13 08:43
Hi ,
actually i don't have an answer to your question, but i'm running into similar problems with the windows desktop myself, so i thought may be some one can help us both, i have three monitors two 19" on G550 and one 17" on G450 PCI as the primary monitor in the center, the problem is that windows XP sets the resolution of the desktop to the primary monitor resolution so if you have the second monitor at a higher resolution you will get the desktop in the middle of the screen over a blue bacground the only way around it was to choose a high resolution image higher than the second display and centralize it instead of stretching it, i'm open for suggestions if any one has a different approach
thanks
cobra   2002-09-13 08:46
BTW David, are you monitors placed correctly relative to their actual postion in the display settings, check that by using the identify tab.
Christian Studer   2002-09-13 09:09
The FAQ has more information on multi-monitor wallpapers.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
David   2002-09-13 10:45
Hi
- cobra –
Yes the monitors are positioned properly both monitors are 19 and set to the same size and refresh rate
In display properties monitor
1 on the left with extended desktop enabled
2 on the right and set to primary and extended desktop enabled both are greyed out

- Christian Studer -
I have downloaded some of the multi monitor backgrounds from the web site links
I can only get it to display properly by making the left hand monitor the primary and I don’t want to do that
It looks like XP tiles the backgrounds from left to right
Is there no way to change this in XP
Thanks
David
Rob   2002-09-19 07:07
Here's what you do: 1) set active desktop on (I assume you know how to do this, if not reply and I will post instructions) 2) create a jpg or bitmap of the wallpaper you want to use, sized to fit both size (ie. my total resolution is 3072X768 in pixs my wallpapers must be the same)
3) create a file MyWallPaper.html with the following line: and place it (the file) and your wallpaper pic (bmp or jpg) in the same folder (does not matter where as long as they are together)
4) goto display properties > Background. click the browse button and locate your Mywallpaper.html file , click open , click ok ....and presto change-o your wallpaper appears without titling or stretching ...its a bu-ti-ful-ting

rob
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> windows background