Forums -> Multiple monitors -> (Multiple displays) nvidia geforce and s3 trio, exclaimation mark
Jimmy Hulk   2002-09-14 10:06
I have an nvidia geforce 64 and an s3 trio card, the nvidia does not show the s3 in the display control panel, It only shows tor1 and tor2 on the nvidia card , but no option to use the s3. It is installed but in the system it has an exclaimation mark beside it. Nothing comes up on the monitor hooked up to the s3. Its like the nvidia takes over EVERYTHING. real annoying....Appreciate help
Thanks a million

Jimmy Hulk
Doc   2002-09-18 17:14
Go into your BIOS, and set the InitFirst or DisplayFirst entry to PCI rather than AGP...

Thats what I had to do on my system with an Nvidia & S3 cards...
Jones   2002-09-24 02:46
Sounds like a driver problem with the S3-card. Experiment with other versions. That's how I got mine working in the end...
niteris   2002-12-10 15:29
If you put your pci card in the first pci slot right under the agp, it may work. That's what I had to do. Otherwise I have to init the pci card first in the bios and then some older games (counterstrike) don't work so well. Putting the vid card in the first pci slot allows me to boot up to agp card first and everything is candy.

-Z
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> (Multiple displays) nvidia geforce and s3 trio, exclaimation mark