Forums -> Multiple monitors -> a question about the windows taskbar
animalthug   2002-09-19 23:54
Does anyone know how to get the taskbar to stretch across both monitors using nview 2.0 or some other setting? I've used ultramon's smart taskbar but it gives me problems when playing games so i'd like to do it using nview or some other utility. I recently went to a trade show where nvidia was showing off a dual display and the taskbar stretched all the way across both monitors with the start button on the leftmost side of monitor 1 and the clock on the rightmost side of monitor 2, so i know this can be done i just can't get my system to do it. I'm runing Win xp pro with a Geforce 4 ti 4600 using both monitor outs and the detonator 40.41 drivers. Thanks for any help.
Drarok   2002-09-24 02:24
I must say i've never seen this myself, but no doubt it's possible, maybe with some other small program. search the net, see what you find.

Personally i prefer having the buttons on the taskbar organised by which monitor it's on, but that's me :)

- Drarok
Nite   2002-09-24 05:32
What you are talking here, is the stretched mode desktop. ie, windows detects all applicable displays as one wide monitor, and instead of multiple resolutions (like 1024x768 on each monitor) you get one single wide resolution (like 2048x768) on a "logical" display. I have been saying that nVIDIA's drivers supported this feature some time ago, but no-one seems to remember it anymore. nVIDIA themself replied that the Detonators *DO NOT* support it. Apparently they lied.

I have no idea how to do that, but if someone achieves it, please tell us, 'cause that would allow about 90% of current games to support all monitors, HW accelerated as necessary.

\Nite - "can't rain all the time"
Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
Rob   2002-09-25 03:11
Display properties>GeForce MX 440>Additional Properties >Desktop Utilities

Then uncheck the following option:
Treat multiple outputs as an nView-Capable board as separate display devices

Rob
alphacodehex   2002-09-25 03:15
I have had two cards that both supported dual monitors. The Matrox G550 and my new MSI ti4600.
With the version of nview that came with the geforce 4 card it allows me to span the desktop across both monitors. My resolution is 2048 by 768. With the Matrox i ran serate monitor resolutions. Having used both i think the seperate resolutions is mush easyer to work with. But it maybe all you need is a new version of nview.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> a question about the windows taskbar