Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Triple Monitor Gaming with ATI
Rob   2002-09-28 05:32
I currently have an 8500 ATI dual monitor setup and I am thinking of adding my third monitor (which is running off a second computer at the minute) into the mix.

I will be running the third monitor off a 32mb Radeon PCI. As well as having more desktop space, primarily I want to have three monitors to play games (especially Neverwinter Nights) across all three.

Obviously this is all theory because I haven't set up the system and tested it yet, but I wanted to do some research and see if it was worth changing my current setup.

I have read that in order to run games (NWN) across all three monitors, I have to make NWN think that the three monitors are all one, and then I can select a resolution of 4800x1200 (3x 1600x1200). Is there anyway I can do this in the display properties? I also read that if I switched off 'Extend my desktop to this monitor' option, then I would be able to increase the resolution to this. But so far I have had no luck with my experiments.

My setup includes the ATI Hydravision software and a full copy of Ultramon.

Any help and/or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Rob
MMachi   2002-09-29 15:39
I'm interested in doing the same thing using NVIDIA cards. (G4 4400 AGP and G4 MX420 PCI). The problem seems to be running in streched mode which does not seem to be possible with the current Detonator drivers (40.71). If anyone knows how I would be interested too. Neverwinter on 3 monitors would be cool.

I hear you may be able to run it in windowed mode, but I don't know how performance would be with the PCI card in there.

Any help out there?

Mike
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Triple Monitor Gaming with ATI