Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Thinkpad with 3 screens
Andy M   2002-09-29 21:21
I have just bought a Thinkpad A31 and see that the Docking Station can take a PCI Video Card so am going to get a Matrox G4/5XX PCI card and try to run a 3 screen set up as I have on my workstation. Is anyone using a docking station with a laptop like this ? I was wondering what happens when you undock, do all the Icons flip back to the main screen or do they stay out of main view ?

I was thinking about using one of the G200MMS cards and going for a 5 screen set up but the damn card will not fit in the odkcing station :-)

TIA

Andy
John   2002-10-08 03:17
Iam using a thinkpad with a port replicator. I currently have a monitor plugged into the back of the port replicator. Is there a way to set up multiple monitors with one monitor being my current monitor and the other being the laptop screen? Can I do this without adding additional monitor cards? I have W2K Prof.
Andy M   2003-01-09 01:47
I guess you have already found out that what you wanted to do will not work with W2K you need XP.

I got the Docking station added a G450PCI card and have a 3 monitor set up working fine with the Thinkpad A31.

Andy
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Thinkpad with 3 screens