Forums -> Multiple monitors -> NVidia TNT AGP primary,TNT2 PCI secondary causing video memory conflicts with emm386 under W98se :-(
Rage   2002-09-30 08:08
Hi I am using a Nvidia tnt agp as a primary and a tnt2 pci as a secondary with windows 98se.The first time i installed the second card i had the error message in the device manager saying that dual monitor support cannot start this device because video memory is being used by another application remove emm386 or other memory managers from config.sys.I was told to add the line"DEVICE = C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE X = COOO - CFFF"to config.sys this cured the problem straight away.But now it has no effect ive tried reinstalling windows and swapping/removing cards im using the same drivers which worked before with no effect,all i keep getting is the same message in device manager as before.Please help me as my second monitor has been collecting dust for a while now.

Thanks
rageingrabbit@hotmail.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> NVidia TNT AGP primary,TNT2 PCI secondary causing video memory conflicts with emm386 under W98se :-(