Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Fullscreen multi-monitor gaming with multiple cards.
Chris Riffey   2002-10-04 05:51
So I now have a multi-monitor setup that I use for work. It is wonderful. My question is, is it possible to play full-screen, accelerated games on this setup if I have 3 different cards instead of a triple-head card? I looked at Matrox's surround gaming page but I think all their info assumes you are using one card. The game I am trying to get to work is unreal tournament 2003 although I assume the procedure would be the same for quake 3 arena. I can get it to work in a stretched window mode but the performance is horrible. My setup is this:

1 Visiontek Geforce4 MX420 AGP card (primary)
2 Visiontek Geforce4 MX420 PCI cards
WindowsXP
Ultramon

Chris Riffey
MMachi   2002-10-05 02:14
I looking to do the same thing, but I think the problem is in driver support. My understanding in having read the forum is that it currently requires streched mode which is not possible using the current Detonator drivers. If anyone can find a way I interested too.

Specs:
Gainward PowerPack GeForce4 Ti4400 (Running 2 x 21" Viewsonics @ 1280x1024.
Visiontek Xtasy GeForce4 MX 420 (Running 1 x 21" Viewsonic @1280x1024.

Good luck all...

Mike
Nite   2002-10-06 00:38
Yup, you'll need the "Stretched Mode(TM)" :) to get things (aka. games) working across multiple monitors without a triple-head card. I've heard that it's possible using multiple ATI Radeon cards, but not with GeForces. (although someone reported nVIDIA was using this mode to demonstrate some product in recent convention.) Officially nVIDIA denied that this mode is availlable in current Detonators.

(You *can* get software-mode to work over multiple monitors even with multiple cards pretty easily. just check out my site for starters.)

\Nite - "can't rain all the time"
Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Fullscreen multi-monitor gaming with multiple cards.