Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Need Help from all,reward !!!!!!
Frank   2002-10-12 15:39
hi guys,
i just thought i have enough computer skills to solve my problems.......
but now i have to ask the "real" wizards....! :-)

first my config:

kr7-raid from abit
256 meg ram
53,4534x cdrom(i know,iknow)
gf4 ti 4600
two sis 6328agp chip based cards(pci)
martin dmx card(i need this for a lightsystem)
17"p&p mon
3x lcd touchscreen,serial,really really old nonames,no brand like ELO

Win 2k
martin,lightjockey software
(multimon,for try)
the rest of the soft is clean,no addional......just the newest drivers for all cards(i hope)

now straight to my problem:

I try to set up a multimon config with 3 cards inside,
1. the 4600 nvidia agp
2. the s3 or the sis i have to change and do the trial and error thing.... in the pci slots:-)
3. the s3 or the sis i have to change and do the trial and error thing....in the pci slots :-)
4.the Martin DMX Card,(i have to change and do the trial and error thing)....in the pci slots :-)she is the controlcard for the bunch of strobe and scanner lights

I know that i have for the old cards set the bios to initialize the pci slot first..........
this works in that way: if i connect the p&p mon to the second vga from the 4600
one of the touchs. to the first from the 4600
and another TS(touchscreen) to the sis
the only result i can figured out was on the 4600 the cloned sreen on TS1 and the p&p mon
and on the other TS the aditional Desktop(4600 nview reason)

I was ,after thousands of trials, unable to activate the second sis card(code10, a lot of guys know problems like this...)
and I thought its an prob from the two sis cards,so i changed one to a s3 trio 64+(shown in 2k as trio 32/64?)
but nothing happens......:-(

Still the same prob......but now have the sis the questionmark,2k find the trio without a problem.......

If i run them seperatelly,i mean only the s3 or the sis in combination with the 4600 it works,not in the way i want ,but it works....(i mentioned
it before)
All the time i try to use all cards in my system the sis shows me a questionmark and the code 10 prob......

All what i need is a system where i can use 4 monitors,i have to run the martinlightjockey software,open a bunch of windows and put the windows on each of the 4 monitors
doesnt matter touch or not touch........

So guys,is this not weird,strange,a real riddle for you ?????
I am really confused about this and before i forget.........

Anyone who can give me a solution,give me a hint ,give me a suggestion to solve this f........... prob

can be sure to get a 12 long neck pack of miller high life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And i need Help immediatelly,better yesterday !!!!

Keep in touch with me.....

Frank

oh ps......i am an german,so dont mind about my alien english...:-)

ATLguide.com,the best solution for parties&events around ATLANTA
Christian Studer   2002-10-15 09:24
Looks like both the S3 and Sis cards need to be primary in BIOS in order to work with Windows 2000.

The only solution is to replace one of the cards, for some suggestions for PCI video cards see the shopping guide.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Need Help from all,reward !!!!!!