Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Advice needed
Moh   2002-10-18 00:45
Hello to All,

I would like to know your advice to the following:

Part 1

I have a Compaq Deskpro EP PIII 550MHz /384MB RAM/ ATI Radeon VE 32MB AGP (Radeon 7000) connected to a Radius L-1 19” & Samsung SyncMaster 957DF 19” monitor using Win98SE

The Radeon VE is giving me problems that I cannot restart the pc, I can only start & shut down. The dual monitor function is fine except for the restart problem.

I am new to the world of multimonitor mix & match, a friend of mine pointed me to your Forum/homepage & I was amazed of the amount of info related to this topic, excellent site.

I have a Creative 3D Blaster Annihilator2 GeForce2 GTS 32MB AGP card & I wanted to use it instead of the Radeon VE by adding a PCI card. What card would you recommend? Should I also upgrade the operating system to Win2k or XP?

Part 2

I have an Intel D815EEA board with PIII 800MHz /512MB RAM/ Gainward GeForce3 PowerPack!!! 64MB AGP connected to Samsung SyncMaster 900 IFT 19” monitor.
I wanted to add a second 19” monitor, what PCI card do you recommend me to use? I use the GeForce3 for OpenGL Flight Sims & Internet.
I am using Win98SE.

Thanks for your advice.
Moh
Hugge   2002-10-18 01:26
Part 1
Get rid of 98SE. I have XP and the same gfx only mine is the 64 mb version....(no problems at all)
So it might solve the restart problem.

Part 2
Depends on what you need it for.
I would buy a cheap one. cos all PCI cards lack in 3d performance anyway so if you play on multimoni. go for a ati 9700 or a new nvidia or that matrox

Hugener
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Advice needed