Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problem with nVidia's nView displaying correctly on two widesreen displays.
Rich   2002-10-20 01:21
When trying to run two widescreen displays off a dualhead GeForce4 Ti4600, and any nVidia driver that includes nView, I get a split, reversed screen on the secondary monitor.

At first I thought this was a problem with Ultramon, but it is definitely NOT.

My specs are:

Windows XP Home with SP1
P4 2.53 GHz
ASUS P4T533-C Motherboard
1024 MB 1066 RDRAM
GeForce4 Ti4600
Sony GDM-FW900 24" widescreen (primary)
Sony SDM-V72W 17.1" widescreen (secondary)

Secondary monitor on the left of primary.

I formatted my drive and reloaded everything without installing Ultramon. It seems that as soon as I use an nVidia driver that includes the nView feature, I start experiencing the problem.

I'm trying to use the two widescreen displays, both set at 1280 x 768, for a total desktop area of 2560 x 768.

I'm wondering if this could be the problem. It's like the video output is trying to wrap around a virtual circle, and the display is butting up end to end on the second monitor, giving me the split, reversed screen.

My next step is either to try a different viedo card, possibly ATI, or return the new Sony widescreen flat panel display for one with a conventional resolution.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rich
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problem with nVidia's nView displaying correctly on two widesreen displays.