Forums -> Multiple monitors -> g450 issue
Doug Ward   2002-10-22 07:29
I have a wierd problem.
Been running the 450 (AGP) and win 2000 for over a year.. My MOBO died so I got a new one and did a clean install of 2000.
Went to Matrox and got the newest drivers. Updated 4 in 1 drivers etc..all windows updates,service packs etc.
When I click hyperlinks to a page it either loads very slow or not at all UNTIL I cursor over to the second monitor and click it.. then the page loads instantly !
SO.. I did a DSL speed test at pcpitstop.com.
download at 1350,jammin !!
repeat test...SLOW...again UNTIL I cursor over to the second monitor and click anywhere in its screen. I thought I was losing my mind so I repeated this several times
Naturally the boys at Matrox never heard of it.
Tried going back to the 5.51 drivers I used to use..Same problems. Damnest thing I've ever seen.
Any of you fellows ever heard of anything like this ?
Thanks......Doug
Orange240   2002-10-29 11:13
What type motherboard did you buy. I'm betting that it doesn't have an Intel chipset. Probably something buggy like a VIA or SiS. If so I recomend taking it back and getting something that doesn't have and hardware compatibility problems like a good Intel chipset based board. If you must keep it, check the manufacture's website for a patch. All the AMD lovers are used to having to use a patch to get hardware to work properly so they may be able to help more then I can. Also remember, ALL that AMD crap is junk. If you are using an AMD (feel sorry for you if so) system, check AMD's website for the hardware compatibility list. Funny, I never saw anything like that on Intel's website...
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> g450 issue