Forums -> VideoSaver -> It would be soooo nice if you could add 3/4-screen size...
H. Danner   2002-10-26 01:09
I have a lot of "widescreen" aspect ratio video clips as well as clips with the regular (TV screen) aspect ratio. I like to set up my VideoSaver so that all the clips are approximately the same height. I can set the wide ones to 1/2-screen size and the regular ones to 1/4-screen size, which is good, but a bit small. If I could set the wide ones to 3/4-screen and the regular ones to 1/2-screen, the sizes would be nice and "healthy looking". The freeware AVI Screensaver (by Benjamin Carter) has 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 screen sizes, but it won't "float" smoothly. VideoSaver's "floating" is silky-smooth. If you added 3/4 size, I would find it easy to say "bye-bye" to AVI Screensaver for good, even if it didn't cost me anything to get in the first place.
H. Danner   2002-10-26 01:24
Perhaps the clips could be scaled by height as well as how they're scaled currently.
Christian Studer   2002-10-26 12:07
Thanks for your suggestion. I have added a 3/4 Screen size option, download the updated VideoSaver.scr here:

Windows 95/98/Me: videosaver_3_1_6_0.zip
Windows NT4/2000/XP: videosaver_3_1_6_0_nt.zip

To install the update, extract the ZIP file to your Windows directory, usually C:\Windows on Win95/98/Me/XP and C:\Winnt on WinNT4/2000.

I'll consider a "same height for all clips" option for a future release.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> VideoSaver -> It would be soooo nice if you could add 3/4-screen size...