Forums -> Multiple monitors -> screen corruptions on second monitor
sickpuppet   2002-10-26 04:47
I have been able to setup a dual display after some very very exhausting work. One monitor is LG 775FT on geforce 2mx 440 64mb, the other is samsung syncmaster 757nf on nvidia tnt2 32mb. System runs on WinXP Pro, has AMD900 thunderbird CPU and asus a7v-e mainboard, has 256mb of ram etc etc. Display drivers are Nvidia 3.0.8.2.When the visual themes are enabled, the second monitor goes frenzy when i move mouse on it, or when i drag other windows towards. Copies of mouse cursor sticks on screen, patterns all around, and if i continue to do something on it, display goes off and some patterns fill up screen, crashing the system. When i disable the visual themes, it's better, at least i can use ie with little problems, watch video or so. But if i drag and drop windows on it, or hold mouse button long for some time on something (scrollbar, for example) the problems above occur again. The system is so fragile in both ways, i have to show extra care to move the mouse "slowly", which is definitely not comfortable. Both screens are 1280x1024, and have a refresh rate of 60hz. What could possibly be the problem? I couldn't be able figure it out.. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> screen corruptions on second monitor