Forums -> Multiple monitors -> video overlay or starting programs on second monitor
Silencer   2002-11-04 19:37
I know this has been covered but I don't understand it real well so I can't find a good solution.

I've got an msi ti4600 with two monitors connected, one on top of the other. Everything is setup, they're set to act as different monitors so I can run different resolutions and all that. The bottom monitor is my primary monitor where I do most of my stuff and the top one is my secondary monitor. I've connected the cable to video in and am able to watch tv on the primary monitor but obviously not the secondary (I don't understand why but it's a common problem so I accept it).

I've heard though that there is a workaround where you can set the video to play very small on the primary monitor and have it overlay fullscreen on the secondary which would be perfect for me, but how do you set it up to do this?

Another option for me is to switch which monitor is primary but then I have the problem of all my programs starting on the top monitor. Is there a way I can tell the computer to start certain programs on the secondary monitor all the time (or better yet, start everything except a few programs on the secondary monitor).

I haven't found a good solution to this yet but there has to be a way, I mean how can there not be? The whole point of multiple monitors is so you can do things like watch video on one while working on the main one and this seems to be the one thing it can't do. Any help would be appreciated.
Christian Studer   2002-11-11 07:06
Recent Nvidia drivers have a video mirroring feature, this should do what you want. Can be configured from advanced display properties as far as I know.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
daniel   2002-11-12 16:27
yeah, display properties--->settings tab---->advanced button--->Geforce tab--->additional properties button--->overlay controls--->video mirror controls button......tell it which monitor you wish to full screen overlays in there. (I run 29.42 dets, but latest would be similar/same I bet)
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> video overlay or starting programs on second monitor