Forums -> Multiple monitors -> TV Tuner makes CPU Usage 100%
Matt   2002-11-07 19:10
I just bought a hauppauge pvr250 card. I have it running on a secondary monitor. Works fine and looks great. When I watch the tv the cpu usage go sky high and makes it hard to do things on the primary monitor. Any reasons why??
Nite   2002-11-07 22:46
You probably got a card which doesn't support video overlays as the secondary card. Hard to say for sure, since you didn't mention any details about your system configuration.

\Nite - "can't rain all the time"
Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
davidh   2002-11-10 16:21
Hi, new to the site and forums. I just recently tried hooking up a 2nd monitor to my system and ran into this same problem with the haupage TV tuner program using DUALVIEW.

(see below for computer specs)

monitor 1 -> 17" primary 1024x2048 75 hz 32bit colors
monitor 2 -> 14" secondary 800x600 60 hz

I'm running wintv2k in overlay mode and when I move it to my second monitor using dualview after a fresh new restartmy CPU usage would SKYROCKET up in the 80-90%.

What I found was when I was having this problem if I de-selected *extend my desktop to this monitor* under the properties for the 2nd monitor (basically turning it off, and then re-selecting it) and then I re-ran the program from then on it would work fine and the cpu usage would be normal on both monitors?!?!

I then reinstalled nvida drivers and now I haven't seen this problem again, but after doing this though I'm unable to use the overlay modes for video mirror on the 1rst monitor (my primary monitor).

In other words I can't seem to get it so I can use media player on monitor 1 and it would show full screen on monitor 2 (after I de-selected the extend monitors desktop).

I'm planning on getting a 3rd monitor and having hopefully 2 monitors running dualview on the ti4400 and that little 14inch on the other card (which I mainly use for TV use or other video stuff).

AMD 1.3 512 meg mem
Win2k Pro
PNY Geforce 4 Ti4400 128 meg mem
Nvidia Drivers 30.82
2 monitors, running DUALVIEW
davidh   2002-11-10 16:23
ps: I have an OLDER wintv PCI card...
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> TV Tuner makes CPU Usage 100%