Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Using 2 monitors plus S-Video possible?
betaBlocker   2002-11-08 03:05
I have a Geforce2MX graphics card with 1 Monitor and 1 Widescreen TV, setup at the moment using nView, and it does all I ask as I just use the monitor when using the PC and switch to the TV when watching films. I'd like to buy a new card and move to a 2 monitor, 1 Widescreen TV setup, and be able to use the 2 monitors when using the computer and switch to the TV (via S-Video out) when watching films.
I know the cards have enough connectors (2 dvi/vga + 1 s-video) but I wonder if the nView software or UltraMon will let me work easily in this way as the cards don't seem to support 3 screens, even though I don't really want to use all 3 at once?
daniel   2002-11-08 17:09
Im running a geforce2mx with tvout and a generic SIS graphics card as well no worries, no hassles(2 monitors and a tv at the same time)
I tend to leave all screens on at the same time though (you dont have to use the tv, but its there ready in case) if I'm watching a movie on the tv, I just hit the power switch's on the monitors if they are annoying,generally I leave windvd's controls on one of the monitors for easier access though, and a small video window on one monitor which gets full screen mirrored to the tv
betaBlocker   2002-11-09 00:12
Thanks Daniel, I guess I should consider the additional graphics card option, but PCI cards are pretty hard to find these days.

I'd still like to hear from anyone using 2 monitors and the TV-out, all from the same card?
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Using 2 monitors plus S-Video possible?