Forums -> Multiple monitors -> low performance
sickpuppet   2002-11-17 03:54
hi there..

i have solved my "crash" issue in my previous post by reinstalling winXP, but i have another one now. I have seen that my computer's performance while running two monitors is obviously lower than running one monitor. HDD is constantly working, loading times are longer, applications run slower and such. My specs are amd 900 tbird, asus a7v-e mobo, 256ram, 120gb hdd and such. I have samsung 757nf on winfast geforce2 mx 400 and LG 775ft on riva tnt2. What are your opinions about this subject? What could be done to increase performance?

thanks in advance.
Pyro   2002-11-17 06:08
Quite possible on of your videocards may be lagging far behind the other, the riva may also have some driver conflicts with the geforce check that all connections are tight, and make sure that if you are using a an agp/pci configuration, that the pci slot directly beclow the agp slot is empty, on some boards the first pci and the agp slot use some of the same resources.
AntiPC   2002-11-24 09:15
I experienced the same thing when I tried 2 monitors. My 3DMark 2001 dropped from 8670 to 1997 on my Gforce4 ti 4600. The other adapter was a built in rage XL. Are there people out there who see no performance loss while running 2 adapters, or is this typical? Obviously, changing sockets isn't an option for me without buying a new PCI card.
daniel   2002-11-24 11:47
Im running a geforce2mx with tvout and a SIS pci card (3 screens) with no noticible performance hit, although I havnt tested using a proper benchmarker.
SCWIDVICIOUS   2002-11-27 16:36
lol
my cards
I have a tnt2 Nvidia 64 pro, a riva tnt2 (8 megs) and a diamond tech (4 megs)
it shows no difference in performance with the 64 alone or all of them running (depending on placement of certain things)

if I do something like watch a dvd or divx..i put them on the 64 pro but all else runs good on the others..

the bad thing is my computer is an AMD XP 2000+
Striped raid puter with 512 DDR ram and i have that lowsy selection of cards..lol

I might go buy a new one tonight..lol

i dont game much so its not that beg of a deal to me
AntiPC   2002-11-28 01:48
Thanks for the replies; I'll keep trying. I'm running 2 2000MPs with the GF4 and SCSI 15k HD, so I doubt the system is the issue. The XL has to be primary in BIOS, so that may slow it down. I'll pick up a PCI card and keep at it.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> low performance