Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problems with multiple PCI cards? / will this work
mongoose   2002-11-18 02:49
Hey, im giving up on my dualheaded radeon 9000 pci card and i think im just going to pick up 2 geforce4 mx440 pci's.

I tried using 2 pci cards along with my radeon aiw agp awhile ago and i remember that one of the PCI cards would always show up with an exclamation point on it in device manager in win2k.

Im using xp now, and im wondering if this is going to work (ati radeon aiw agp and 2x Inno3D GeForce4 MX 440 SE 64MB SDR W/ TV Out PCI)

my current setup is:

Abit kt7a-raid
1024mb ram (1x 512mb, 2x 256mb)
ati radeon aiw agp
soundblaster pci128
intel 10/100pro nic
pioneer 16x dvd
teac 32x cdrw

any input? thanks in advance
mongoose   2002-11-18 14:05
can anyone tell me why the yellow ! appears in device manager on the second pci video card?

is it maybe because the cards are old (2mb) and they dont have a disable vga jumper so they need to be sent the vgainit (?) signal or whatever? (thats the only info i could find out there)

I just dont want to buy those geforce4 cards and have the same thing happen.

thanks again
Nite   2002-11-18 15:39
>s it maybe because the cards are old (2mb) and
>they dont have a disable vga jumper so they need
>to be sent the vgainit (?) signal or whatever?
>(thats the only info i could find out there)

Exactly. You shouldn't have this problem with the GFs (or any newer PCI cards for that matter.)

\Nite - "can't rain all the time"
Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
mongoose   2002-11-22 02:23
cool thanks for the info!

also, since i gave up on that radeon 9000 card because it was having problems (most likely drivers, but whatever reason....) im a little warry of running out to buy a dual head card now.

im pretty set on getting a geforce4 card(s) and its up in the air between 2 geforce4 mx440 64mb pci cards and this Jaton NVIDIA GEFORCE4 MX440 64MB DDR PCI DUAL RGB DVD

either way it will be used with my current ati radeon aiw 32mb agp card to support 3 monitors.

i know the seperate cards will work better because its a seperate card for each monitor but the single card is roughly 60 bucks cheaper than buying the 2.

should either of these solutions work well with my current card? From your experience is it easier dealing with 3 seperate cards or just 2 when dealing with 3 monitors?

thanks so much (my wallets starting to hurt from having to ship to many parts back this month)
Some Guy   2002-11-23 22:47
Im trying to set mine up with two old PCI cards and a geforce 3. I dont wanna pay any more, is there a way i can get it to work without buying anything else?
T.R. Johnson III   2002-11-25 12:15
You should not have any problems with the All in Wonder card with the dual display....while I don't have an All IN Wonder with the dual display ...I thought the dual display part would only work as long as the second monitor was a Tv or something. I have a ATI card that I am useing for the dualhead stuff and I'm having no problems
check it out:
http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/details.asp?Config=4383
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problems with multiple PCI cards? / will this work