Forums -> Multiple monitors -> True independant res multimon on a Gainward Ultra 750 XP Golden Sample?
GregD   2002-11-20 06:29
Hey guys,

Im thinking of buying a new PC with a Gainward GeForce4 ti 4600 PowerPack! Ultra 750 XP Golden Sample 128MB as a gcard.

Notably because the current PC im using has an ATI all-in-wonder radeon 32mb for vid capture and i need something more solid and 3d based for my profession (3d models/graphics/web design)

I want to be able to use dual TFT flatscreens for my new setup so i figured the gainward would be a fine choice.

However with it being an nvidia chipset card I know that the drivers require a fix for true independant res on each monitor.

Has anyone got this particular card and managed to do it ?

Otherwise what card should I go for as i need a solid 3d card which can also do indepedant res on each monitor.

I could get a Matrox Parhelia instead I suppose... however the 3d isnt that hot on it... so i hear.

Any help appreciated ;)
Dave O   2002-11-20 10:43
What operating system are you using? The problem you mention only occurs in Windows2000.

Dave O
GregD   2002-11-20 19:27
The PC i was going to buy would have come with Win2k...

If you are sure its only a win2k problem ill get XP instead...
Bart   2002-11-28 12:11
Greg,

I'm running a system similar to what you are looking for, though I use WinXP-Pro. You can see my setup in the gallery and feel free to write if you have questions.

The Gainward does support independent resolutions on each display, although I would highly recommend using the nVidia 30.82 drivers as opposed to the 40.72 drivers. Get the drivers from nVidia's website as opposed to Gainward's site.

Also, check out googlegear.com for the components. Excellent prices and shipping charges are second to none!
MMachi   2002-12-03 16:31
I'm running the Gainward GF4 4400 as my primary dual display and a PNY PCI as my second card. Running Windows 2000 with no problems. Independent resolutions and all.

My recommendation would be not to upgrade to WinXP if this is your only reason.

Thanks,

Mike
GregD   2002-12-05 21:54
Just one question Bart..

Does the card itself make any noticable noise... the fan etc?
Bart   2002-12-06 04:03
Nope. Well at least not any noise that's perceptible. Once you have it installed in the case, the nosie from the case fans and the hard drives will more than drown out the little bit of noise from the video card.
GregD   2002-12-08 04:41
My new system has quiet fans/seagate quiet drives so probably will hear ;)

Ive just found out that the gainward would probably be too long for the motherboard im getting anyway... capacitor under the ram slots gets in the way.

So im more than likely getting a matrox parhelia.

Thanks for your help though :)
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> True independant res multimon on a Gainward Ultra 750 XP Golden Sample?