Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 2nd monitor doesn´t work on radeon8500
Aapo Hallikainen   2002-11-23 02:02
I´m trying to connect 2 monitors to my PowerMagic Radeon8500. But then I connect 2nd monitor to DVI connector with adapter (comes with GF 4 Ti4200) 2nd monitor doesn´t show picture at all. The 2nd monitor is PnP compatible. Is it possible that some adapters doesn´t work with some boards?

If I try to use monitor alone in DVI port with adapter, no picture come. What I can do?

I´m not good english speaker:)
Aapo Hallikainen   2002-11-23 02:33
My operation system is WinXP pro, but I have tested W98 too.
Rich   2002-11-26 01:09
The first things I would try are:

1. Go into "Display properties" and make sure the second monitor is selected. Check the box that says something like 'extend my desktop to this monitor'.

2. Make sure the proper input is selected on the second monitor. Do you have it set for digital input or HD15?
Aapo Hallikainen   2002-11-26 20:06
I have checked everything, cables and options. In the shop they said that, It is two models off my card, anothor sopport dual diplay and mo model doesn´t. Package sais that my model supports, but I don´t know.
Rich   2002-11-27 10:52
As far as I know, only certain models of the Radeon 8500 support dual dispalys. If you have the 64MB 8500LE model, I think all you can do is run s-video to a TV for a secondary display, but if you've got a model with a DVI connector on it, it should run a second CRT or LCD.

Did your card come with a VGA/DVI adapter? You say you're using one from a GEForce 4 Ti4200. How come?

DVI adapters are picky. You're better off using the one that comes with the card.

Make sure you know what model card you have, then go to ATI's website to see if dual displays are supported.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 2nd monitor doesn´t work on radeon8500