Forums -> Multiple monitors -> geforce 2 mx 400 with tv out and dual display
kyle   2002-11-23 07:02
i'm running xp with a geforce 2 mx 400 with tv-out (s-video). i'm trying to display my desktop on a tv, but i can't get it to work. as far as i can tell i don't have the option to 'clone' my monitor to the tv. i've downloaded the latest drivers, 4.0.7.2 or whatever. when i open 'display properties' i don't have a picture of 2 displays, just one. what i am i doing wrong?
daniel   2002-11-25 08:47
I have a geforce2mx400 also, as soon as I plugged the svideo into my tv and booted it showed up, it wont show unless it can detect the resistance along the tvout line though, perhaps your svideo lead is dud?...or its not properly plugged in?...thats all i can think of mate, as soon as you plug it in and boot up..its *supposed* to detect another screen and show in the display properties.
am running 29.42, but anything higher than these dets I have tried, also had no problems detecting the tvout.
daniel   2002-11-25 08:54
Just a thing on cloning in the windows display properties.....if your running the tv in "extended mode" that whole tab to clone wont appear, disable the tv first by unticking "extend my desktop onto this monitor"
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> geforce 2 mx 400 with tv out and dual display