Forums -> Multiple monitors -> [ABIT Siluro GF4 Ti4200] - [Desktop Span Mode] - WinXP bug?
Brill   2002-11-25 17:23
alright, heres my problem so far.when install windows xp for the first time, both monitors are detected. going good so far. then when i come to the windows desktop i notice that the default settings have enabled the "clone" multi mon feature. now this is defiently not what i want. i want the span feature. where the windows desktop is notice as one big resolution. when i go to enable this right click > properties > settings advance > gf4 tab > etc. till i get to the nview tab. it just displays the two options "clone" and "nview disabled". but i expect "horizontal span" and "vertical span" aswell, but are not there!. i have tried with all the latest drivers. but hte only ones i can get working are the 30.82 ones, which when i benchmark my gfx i get 7400 to the standard of 9200(so i don't really want to stick with these) - i have downloaded nvidia driver cleaners and betas of the 41.00, clean installs of windows and fresh install of drivers over and over again. different enabling methods. reboots to my hearts content. i really would like to get a spanned desktop in windows xp with my ABIT Siluro gf4 ti4200 128DDR DVI-I tv-OUT. any help appreciated. its now 7:19. i been trying to sort this out for 7 hours now. thanks for reading.

[bri77]
epoepo   2003-01-31 19:26
I have EXACTLY the same problem. The radio buttons for both horizontal and vertical span is not even there!! I've also tried 30.82 and also couldnt get it to work. I am running a GF4 Ti4200 on a WinXP home edition. I really need help to get the horizontal span enable. Any one has any solution to this??
epoepo   2003-02-03 02:35
Haha...solved it! Better document it here before i forget..

goto regedit

under:
hkey_local_machine > software > nvidia corporation > global > nvtweak

delete all keys until you are left with
"NvCplExposeWin2kDualView"

Viola!
Tried this by chance. Currently running on 41.09.
Mister Winky   2003-08-04 04:58
for the love of god i can not figure out how to enable clone. Every one is trying to disable clone and enable spanning. I want to disable spanning and enable cloning. I dont have an icon in the control panel for my graphics card (gforce4 4200), and there is no option in the nview control panel for clone. Somebody please help me. please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please!

what? signature?
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> [ABIT Siluro GF4 Ti4200] - [Desktop Span Mode] - WinXP bug?