Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multi-monitor, Linux; KDE
Ron Christopher   2002-11-27 01:01
How's this coming along?

I had it working for 2 days. Took a some changes from http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/linux/mandrake8/ plus a few more. And to be honest I'm not sure how I did it.

I came in one day, hit the power button (oh to break those windows habits), and screwed myself pretty bad in the deal. Now I'm back to 2 seperate monitors that won't share a window.

Running Mandrake 9.0 w/KDE 3.0.3, XFree 4.2.1

Maybe it was a freak accident that made it work in the first place, or maybe I really had it figured out for a second, but my hard boot, seemed to mess with things and, well that doesn't seem "right". ;)

Any insight from you Mandrake people?

- Ron
Ron Christopher   2002-11-27 01:37
wtf? um... nevermind. :)

Saw a not 'bout LeftOf being implemented after RightOf (speakin' of the XF86Config-4).

So I tried changing their positions putting my second monitor right of the first. That worked, although, necessitated me to reboot, login, logout, and log back in.

Then I swapped back to LeftOf thinking I'd have to play that reboot, login, logout, login game (dunno why for sure, but on right-click in KDE, I got a different type of logout box, once w/a dragon, once without).

Regardless it works now. I think I'm gonna tape some needles over my power switch now. Thanks for the advice I would have gotten had I not overcome my hurdle :)

- Ron
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multi-monitor, Linux; KDE