Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Thinkpad Dock and multi monitor
KevinST   2002-11-28 03:21
My configuration:
IBM Thinkpad T30 with onboard ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 Running Windows XP SP1
This is capable of multi monitor on it's own - plug a monitor intot he back and I can have external and LCD at the same time.
Then I bought a Dock (which has an internal PCI slot) and installed a nVidia VANTA chipset card.
Multi monitor with 2 CRT's and the LCD closed works... but not stable. The drivers for the VANTA just lock up! I've tried the drivers that XP comes with, 30.82 and 40.72 - they all lock up after a while. Sometimes a ALT-CTRL-DEL - Cancell will fix them, sometimes the machien just needs a reboot.
Changed the PCI card for a nVidia TNT2 - same issue.
Ran the system with just the PCI card working (disabled the onboard ATI chip) and it still keeps on crashing.

Changed the card for a ATI Rage Pro with the default XP drivers (5.1.2001.0) but the card won't start. Installed newer drivers (5.10.2600.6010) same problem.

Any ideas???? I have no idea if it's a issue with the Dock, an issue with the drivers not liking each other, an issue with the drivers not liking XP and muli monotors.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
KevinST
Andy M   2003-01-09 01:45
I am using the A31 with a Dock and a Matrix G450 PCI with all 3 Monitors (LCD in the middle and 2 off 21" IIyamas either side) under W2k with No problems.

Hope this Helps

Andy
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Thinkpad Dock and multi monitor