Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Not much info on Colorgraphic cards, considering Predator Pro ...
David I   2000-11-15 08:26
I would like to drive 6 monitors from Win 2000 Pro.

Matrox seems to be out of stock of the cards I want (a G400 Dual AGP and a G200 Quad PCI) and my search for alternative solution appears to have found a more 'powerful' solution. However I don't see much of any talk of it (Colorgraphic) here.

I'm thinking of getting a Colorgraphic Predator Pro Dual AGP card and a Colorgraphic Predator Pro Quad PCI card to provide me with 6 ports. These cards have 32mb per port.

Colorgraphic has said this should work however these cards are rather demanding and hit could be hit or miss as to whether the motherboard, bios and other hardware/software will provide a compatible combination.

They also offer a 'Predator LT' series that is much less powerful/demanding (4mb / port) and has a much higher tolerance for all sorts of installations.

Do you have any info to share that I might find useful about my plans above? If so I would really appreciate it.

I am a full time trader and plan to use 6 - 19" displays to give me one large desktop to see all my charts, market minder windows, etc. along with chat windows and a browser or two.

Thanks
- David I
Darrell J   2000-12-21 03:22
I recently installed 2 Colorgraphics Predator Pro 4 port PCI cards in an NEC Slimline Series Powermate.

http://www.neccomp.com/product_series.asp?prod_series_no=59#

With space requirements a problem, The colorgraphics was the only choice.
Check out the review @

http://sysopt.earthweb.com/reviews/colorgraphic/index.html

Other Info:

O/S = Win2K
Power Supply = 106 Watts!
Monitors = 8 Viewsonic P775

I could only enable 6 monitors using Windows 2000, but all 8 using their Mover99 software.
I was unable to completely disable the onboard video, so I left it unattached....works fine.

Now I am learning what apps I can and cannot use, what a pain!

Darrell J
djtec@hotmail.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Not much info on Colorgraphic cards, considering Predator Pro ...