Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Videoplayback (flash movies) in widescreen
JanT4   2002-12-04 10:24
Hi

I've read that in different postings that its not possible to view DVDs in widescreen over different monitors.

Is it possible to view Macromedia Flash movies in widescreen with a resolution of 4096x768 pixel for example or are there similar limitations?

Thx for your help,

Ciao Jan
Jet   2002-12-04 13:56
I am able to watch any DVD movie on either single , Duel , or tripple screen in standard or widescreen . I am using PowerDVD 4 . The reason This works on my system is because I am using the matrox Parhelia card.When viewing on three screens the graphic are pixelated. But if viewed from a distance, the picture is clearer.Its like watching a 60inch big screen two feet away.Picture looks better 10 ft and farther. My screens resolution is 3840X1024.If you are needing more info I am listed in the gallery in record 271.

James
JanT4   2002-12-05 05:06
Hi,

thanks for your reply. I'm interested in your system, but can't find it in the database. Under ID 271 there is a different system. Which Config-ID ist your system?

Thx for your help, Ciao Jan
mongoose   2002-12-05 08:18
this is the link to his setup:

http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/gallery_browse.asp?ID=271&date=desc&nummon=false&mon=desc

the 271 he was referring to was the "ID=271" in the DB tag.

Im also running into problems playing DVD widescreen, and I know it works with the matrox card, but it seems like it should work with some of the nvidia products to with nview.

right now im using 2 geforce4 mx440 64mb pci cards for my 2 15" monitors and a radeon aiw agp for my 17" (nothing but trouble with the old ATI cards, reboots randomly and all kinds of crap, winxp says its due to the ati drivers (catalyst 2.4)) but i just ordered a inno3d geforce4 Ti4200 128mb AGP 4x card today that should be here on monday; has anyone had luck with widescreen dvd playback on 3 geforce4 cards?

thanks
Jet   2002-12-05 08:27
Click back from your posting on forum and select gallery above the Forum or select gallery on the left next to multiple monitors where you posted the message.select browse gallery than select next till you get to record 271.If you need a picture with a DVD movie playing to show that it does work I will send one . My e-mail is listed below my system picture.

James
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Videoplayback (flash movies) in widescreen