Forums -> Multiple monitors -> S3 Trio 64UV+ & Geforce2
slprism   2002-12-07 04:18
I have WinXP with SP1.

The S3 Trio 64UV+ is in the first PCI slot and the Geforce2 100/200MX is in the AGP. When i get into XP and look in device manager i get this message for the other monitor

The device could not start (Code 10)

Even if i remove the Geforce2 card and disinstall Nvidia driver, the S3 gives the same problem (code 10).

So i doesn't depend on AGP card (present or not) but only with S3 Trio card which is bad recognized/installed by WinXp.

Some help will be welcome.
Thanks.
daniel   2002-12-07 12:22
have run a few cards in mine, including a s3 trio with a geforce2mx400 and xp, found they dont like being in the first pci slot as it shares a irq with the agp or somthing, trying another slot might be worth a go.
Rich   2002-12-08 02:28
Also try setting up your bios to have the pci the first card it looks for. Mine is something like "pci/agp" setting. Thats what i had to do with my geforce 3/ trident dual card setup.
Sebastian   2002-12-08 07:25
I also have a same problem and i did try every single PCI slot and it didn't worked.I have GF2 AGP and S3 Virge DX/GX and i don't know what can be wrong with that.I also tried set up in BIOS first boot video device : PCI and also AGP but nothing happend. Any other ideas ?!
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> S3 Trio 64UV+ & Geforce2