Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Play different movies simultaniously in fullscreen mode
JanT4   2002-12-08 23:41
Hi,

is it possible to play different DVD movies in a multi monitor setup in fullscreen mode (each monitor). For example movie1 on display1, movie2 on display2, movie3 on display3 and movie4 on display4?

Is it just a problem of PC performance to decode 4 DVDs from 4 different HDD sources simultaniously or are there any handicaps using MS Windows with this task?

Thanks for your help, Jan
Christian Studer   2002-12-09 04:58
There is no inherent limitation preventing this, but if performance will be good enough is another question.

You will also need a DVD player that can run fullscreen on any monitor, for example Zoom Player.

I tested playing two DVDs fullscreen on two monitors, worked fine with Zoom Player.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
JanT4   2002-12-09 05:15
Hi Christian

thanks for your quick answer.

Did you use a dualhead card or two singlehead videocards for this purpose?

Bye, Jan
Christian Studer   2002-12-09 05:21
I have a 3-monitor system with an AGP GeForce3 and two PCI GeForce2 MX (singlehead).

DVD players usually require video overlays, so this wouldn't work with most dualhead cards because video overlays are only available on one monitor. Exceptions are the Matrox Parhelia and multi-chipset cards like the Matrox G200 MMS.

JanT4   2002-12-09 11:25
Hi

sounds good for me, because that could solve my problems. Do you think I will work with PNY nVidia Quadro4 200 NVS cards too, because I think they've got 2 graphic controllers each dualhead card too.

Thanks and greetings to this great forum,

Jan
Christian Studer   2002-12-09 11:29
I would check with Nvidia first, as far as I know the NVS cards use one chipset for two monitors, which could mean that they only support video overlays on one of the two monitors.

Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Play different movies simultaniously in fullscreen mode