Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Radeon9000 Pro (AGP) + Radeon AIW 7500 PCI.. is this possible?
Seek_1   2002-12-10 13:27
I know a similar question has been asked before (http://realtimesoft.com/multimon/forum/messages.asp?Topic=2056&tmpl=UltraMon), but I'm wondering about these cards specifically..

Would I be able to plug a Radeon 9000 Pro (AGP) card and a Radeon AllInWonderVE (7500) (PCI) card into the same system and still be able to use the tv tuner on the AIW?

I'm a little worried about what the faq on the R9000 page says:
---
Q7: Can I use a PCI graphics card or my integrated video, in the same system as my dual display RADEON™ 9000 PRO, to support three or more displays?
A7: ATI does not support the use of an additional PCI graphic card in a system with the RADEON™ 9000 PRO graphics card to run three or more displays. These products do support the use of two independent displays, from a single card, under the Windows® XP, Windows® 2000, and Windows® ME operating systems.
---

By 'not support' do you think they mean 'it won't ever work' or 'we (ATi) don't support that'.

Basically what I'm trying to achieve here is to have a half-way decent capture card PCI that does a monitor output and then be able to upgrade my AGP card whenever I need to (to something with two monitor outputs) (ie a total of three monitor outputs + the tv tuner working...)
Lindsey   2002-12-11 17:51
That's very close to my configuration. I have a 9000 (not Pro) AGP and a 7500 (not All in Wonder) PCI.

It works just fine, but only so long as I turn off all acceleration (under advanced -> troubleshoot) on the PCI card. But turning off acceleration would probably be bad for viewing TV on that monitor.
Brian Soderblom   2003-04-27 14:09
Did you ever get this working? I am looking at buying two cards very shortly for the same setup - three monitors + TV out.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Radeon9000 Pro (AGP) + Radeon AIW 7500 PCI.. is this possible?