Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Best AGP Dual Monitor Card (image quality, some gaming)
Matts   2002-12-13 07:35
I have 2 x 21" sony's (1600 x 1200 @ 85Hz). Currently use Radeon 7500, win xp prof. I find that whatever monitor is on the secondary vga port displays text that is less crisp and clear. If I switch the ports, it clears up - indicating that its the quality of the 2nd ramdac.

What is the BEST single card for dual, or is it better to get a PCI card to run the 2nd monitor, with its own high quality RAMDAC?

Cheers,

Matts
Fille   2003-01-23 06:47
The best you can get is one of Matrox's cards. I use a 400Max for some years now and only the latest new high-end Ati's give the same display quality (on 1 monitor). The G550 is not to expensive and easely found. If you have a tendency to game "regulary" You'd better get a Parhelia (use them with FSAA then so you use your cards potential fully) and you can even plug in a third monitor should need arise...
What is cooler than a dualhead setup... You guessed it triplehead one. And on the driver side, I don't know another manufacterer that brings out uch robust set of video-drivers (and maintains thm for more than 3 years)

Regards
Nick Spencer   2003-01-26 10:25
Matt, I've noticed the same thing about the Radeon 7500; the DVI output does a terrible job of 1600x1200. I'm also looking to replace it, so I'll watch this thread to see what you discover.
Good luck.

Nick

ABIT KR7A w/ Athlon XP 1900+
ATI AIW 8500DV AGP
ATI 7500 PCI dual port (with a VERY fuzzy DVI output...)
3 Viewsonic G810 21" space heaters
Enjoying 4800x1200 nirvana....with a headache.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Best AGP Dual Monitor Card (image quality, some gaming)