Forums -> Multiple monitors -> MouseJail and GTAIII
eMpTy   2002-12-14 02:42
I have three monitors and can't get mousejail to work with GTAIII, what I want to do is incorporate the ability to keep the mouse on the primary monitor with an ultramon shortcut so that I can monitor stuff on the other screens despite the resolution change. Any ideas as to how I could do this?

-eMpTy
Christian Studer   2002-12-14 03:22
Should work fine. You'll need to create a new shortcut (UltraMon menu > Shortcuts > New Shortcut), then on the application page enter a command like this:

D:\Temp\MouseJail.exe "D:\Windows\Notepad.exe"

This starts MouseJail, which then starts Notepad.

You can then use custom display settings to make the primary monitor the right-most monitor.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
eMpTy   2002-12-15 00:58
Did I miss something? Does the primary monitor have to be the right-most monitor for mousejail to work???

eMpTy
Christian Studer   2002-12-15 01:01
No, but if you don't want the windows on the monitor to the right of the primary to get moved around when the game changes the resolution, you should make the primary the right-most monitor.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
eMpTy   2002-12-15 14:03
Found the problem, the "Start in" block in the shortcut has to point to the directory gta3.exe is in...by combining the ultramon shortcut and mousejail, the resolutions are changed and everything runs perfectly, no moving the primary to the right necessary...thanks for the help...

-eMpTy
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> MouseJail and GTAIII