Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multiple cards or quad card...Whats the consensus??
Joseph   2002-12-14 07:38
I am about to buy 3 flat panel monitors. I have had 2 monitors for a while and have always frozen when trying to connect a third. I have been using an AGP NVidia Geforce mx 400 and I have 2 PCI NVidia Geforce mx 2oo. (only one PCI installed now). For 3 new monitors, should I consider a quad card (AGP) or use my existing AGP card a purchasing a dual PCI card? I also wouldnt doubt if I go beyond 3 monitors one day. (the more the better!)
I am running Windows 2000. Any suggestions....cards and even best 17-19 in flat panel monitors for multi monitor setup.

Really appreciate any help!!!!

Joseph
Corona   2002-12-21 11:48
If you plan on gaming or using other 3D on more than one monitor, stick with the matrox parahelia in the AGP slot. If you can do without 3D on multiple monitors go with the cheaper solution.
Joseph   2002-12-23 16:52
Thanks! I went with the Matrox G550 Dual AGP and I have a Nvidia pci for my 3rd monitor. Hopefully it will all run together smoothly.

Joseph
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multiple cards or quad card...Whats the consensus??