Forums -> Multiple monitors -> HELP PLEASE with Gainward Ultra 750 XP: No dual view with DVI-D monitor
Oliver   2002-12-14 08:27
Hi,

until recently I used my 2nd "monitor", which is actually a TV set connected through a S-Video cable, to display fullscreen video (Windows
Media Player, mostly). This was possible with no additional tools when the nView "Clone" feature was set active and the 2nd monitor was selected
as the target device for fullscreen video overlay.

A few days ago however I bought myself a TFT display which is now connected to one of the 2 DVI-I ports of my Gainward graphics card
(Geforce 4 Ti 4600, Dual-DVI-I, Video-In/Out) through a DVI-D cable. The options to "clone" the desktop are now greyed out - and so are any of the additional options for the video overlay output.

I can still select the TV as the main output device, but then my TFT switches to some strange video mode which seems to be 800x600 but with a
lot of "shadow images" and eerie colors like purple and green.

Any ideas why the Detonator drivers won't let my use both devices in parallel?

BTW: On another webboard, I was given the advice to check whether WinXP tries to handle the multi monitor settings. I was told this could be checking the "Settings" tab of the "Display" properties. However, there is no such checkbox (I can see only one monitor and I can only set resolution + color depth (+ buttons "Troubleshooting" and "Advanced")).

Thanks for any advice!
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> HELP PLEASE with Gainward Ultra 750 XP: No dual view with DVI-D monitor