Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 5 monitors in my devicemanager
Stefan   2002-12-15 01:07
I noticed,that in my devicemanager,there are 5 monitors,two of them are the ones I really have connected,the other three ones are named "standard monitor".If I deinstall them,they are back at the next windows start.Under "colormanagement" in my graphics driver (and only under "colormanagement"),the two monitors are not named correctely,but "standardmonitor".Maybe that`s the reason,why one cannot assign 2 different profiles,because both monitors are named "standardmonitor".In all the other drivermenues,the monitors are named correctely,only in "colormanagement" it`s wrong.
So how can I get rid of those standardmonitors in the devicemanager?There must be a registry-trick.
Please also read my thread "ICC profiles".
Stefan
Edge   2003-02-15 05:52
What card do you have? I have a gf4 running 41.09 dets and this has also happened to me. I think it happens if you enable multiple desktops (as opposed to multiple displays) whereby you can shove apps from one desktop to another and access them through a modified alt-tab app. I wouldn't have thought that it's a huge problem... try disabling nview and see if they disappear then.
Stefan   2003-02-15 06:55
Hi Edge,
I have a GF4TI4600 and neither multiple desktops nor nview enabled.I`m simply using the extended desktop.Meanwhile I guess,that it`s quite normal to have 5 monitors in the device manager,because I saw it on other PCs with nvidia cards,too.
As far as the ICC profiles are concerned,it seems to be impossible under WinXP to have one individual profile for each of the attached monitors.I tried it with Matrox,ATI and my GF4.No way!I know,it is possible under ME with a Matrox.But XP sucks here.
The 5 monitors don`t bother me,but the profiles do.
Stefan
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 5 monitors in my devicemanager