Forums -> Multiple monitors -> problem with nview
Matt Leright   2002-12-26 13:03
I have a 19" CRT that displays up to 1600 x 1200 and a 15" LCD that displays 1024 x 768 natively. I am trying to use nview with dualview to display each monitor independently with their own resolutions. I cannot seem to get this to work though. When I select this option the LCD doesn't come on. The only option that works is horizontal span, but I don't want to use this because each monitor displays different resolutions. Is there a bug with nview and can it be fixed?

Thanks alot. I am kinda depressed about this because I just plopped down 350 bucks for this LCD and I want it to work.
Laurence   2002-12-26 19:04
If you have windows XP you just right click on the desktopand click on properties then go to the settings tab. Here you should see two monitors one greyed out, select it then check the box at the bottom that says 'Extend my Windows desktop to this monitor' and click apply.
thats how I did it with two monitors on my GeFroce 4 Ti4200.
I assume it is the same in windows 2000 but im not sure about 98.
Matt Leright   2002-12-27 03:01
heh, I only saw one. But I fixed it last night. I had to run the nview wizard in the Geforce settings tab to get the two monitors to show up. It works great now though.

Thanks for your help.
Calvin   2003-01-18 11:46
Hello, i know i have to use the nView wizard to make both my monitors show up... BUT whenever i click "Display Settings" button in nView, it simply either closes, or does nothing - eeeek!

Can someone please help me?

e-mail helpme@calvinrobinson.com

Thank you!

Calvin
Calvin   2003-01-18 11:59
hmm, or am i wrong?
I clicked the nView wizard button, and it setup 2desktops, but i still only have 1 monitor :-S

I have one monitor plugged into CRT and another in the DVI port with a DVI-to-CRT adapter ( i know this works as someone has done it before ).

Both monitors are working because they are showing the exact same screen, only Windows XP is acting asif only one is there.

I am usihng a GeForce 3
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> problem with nview