Forums -> Multiple monitors -> NVIDIA Geforce4 MX 440 + ELSA GLADIAC Pci 511 = Problem
Franck   2002-12-28 08:40
Hi,

I've try the following configuration:
Primary : NVIDIA Geforce4 MX 440 32Mb AGP
Secondary : ELSA GLADIAC Pci 511 Dual

And the result is that I had to reinstall from scratch my w2k, so i try again during the new install, by puting first the drivers for the NVIDIA = same result, then first the driver of the ELSA = same result,

does anyone has an idea?

btw I ve setup a old matrox millenium as the second card without any problem,
(but now I would like to have 3 screens :) )

thanks in advance
Christian Studer   2003-01-01 03:21
What kind of problems did you have? Did you try changing the BIOS primary video card?

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Franck   2003-01-01 23:20
The main problem is that I don't have any more a display at all,
meaning : during the first setup phase, that's ok I can see the process on my primary card, but when I install the drivers for the second card, I don't have any display at all even on the first card, only solution is to reboot with the install cd, and start again.

on the BIOS the AGP is declared as the primary display,

thanks
m0rph   2003-01-02 17:32
I *hate* it when drivers fight with each other. Why can't everyone play nicely in Windoze?? :-P Two suggestions for you(hopefully you haven't tried both of these yet):

Are you using the most up-to-date drivers for Win2K for your vid cards? Nvidia's are Detonator 40.72 [http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=winxp-2k_40.72] and the latest I could find from Elsa are here [http://www.elsa.com.tw/e/driver/]. My experiences with drivers that ship with hardware are.... well.... very poor. :-(

My second suggestion comes from something I noticed with Win2K. Whenever I put in new hardware, 2K doesn't say anything about it until *AFTER* I login. Apparently, it attempts to install it's own drivers for your new hardware in the background (as if you won't notice that your machine is running twice as slow as normal). After a few seconds of tying up my CPU, 2K prompts me to reboot (meaning, it finished its work in the background). If this happens to you, DONT REBOOT. Click cancel, and then install your up-to-date drivers instead of what 2K chose. Here's hoping 4 the best....

- m0rph :-D
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> NVIDIA Geforce4 MX 440 + ELSA GLADIAC Pci 511 = Problem