Forums -> Multiple monitors -> CAN YOU HELP ME??
Lyrical   2002-12-29 19:09
Many thanks for reading this, and more thanks if you can help.

First off, I am not going to be using 2 monitors. The problem comes from having an old On-Board System. Before a PCI Video card was installed into the computer, I was running Windows 98 with my Monitor hooked to an On-Board adapter. I recently purchased Windows ME (bad choice ) and a PCI Video Card which I installed. Everything was working fine, then when I re-booted I get the screen saying " If you can read this message windows has successfully initialized this display adapter " blah blah blah you know the message im talking about. Anyway, I cant do anything from here, the screen just has a flashing cursor and I cant get to my Settings to play with Control panel, the screen is just stuck on this message. What do I do now? Im not sure but I think I need to edit something in BIOS or through CMOS but cant figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Lyrical
Christian Studer   2003-01-01 03:20
I guess you only have a single monitor? Try connecting it to the other VGA port, what happened is that you have connected the monitor to the secondary video card, which hasn't been enabled yet.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
m0rph   2003-01-02 17:02
For whatever reason, my friend had the same symptoms while adding a second PCI vid card to his system that already had an AGP card in it. Apparently, Windoze botched the driver for his new PCI card and couldn't figure out how to proceed; a blinking cursor was the best he could get from that point on.

Try booting to Safe Mode first, uninstalling the driver for your PCI card, and then rebooting. Hopefully, Windoze will come up with no problems; you can then reinstall your PCI card with the most up-to-date drivers you can find...

- m0rph :-D
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> CAN YOU HELP ME??