Forums -> Multiple monitors -> msi ti4200 won't detect second rgb monitor
B.Cox   2003-01-02 05:32
I have a 19" rgb (5 cable coax) monitor that I am trying to use as my second monitor on a MSI ti4200 dvi output (winxp). The monitor works with a separate pci video card if you set it up as a standard monitor (no detection needed). The MSI card has to detect a monitor before windows can setup a multi display configuration. My problem is that my monitor does not have any pnp curcuits and windows never gives me a chance to "add" a monitor. Anyone have this problem before or have any ideas on a fix?

b.cox aka languna
m0rph   2003-01-02 17:14
What OS are you running? Which drivers are you using for your 4200? If you're using the latest 40.72 detonators, then you can "force" detection of your secondary monitor.

Properties > Settings > Advanced > GeForce > nView

Enable the box that says "Force detection of a monitor on the secondary connector", click "Apply", and you should be good to go.

*IF* you do not see the nView option, you may see the "Device Selection" instead. In that case, go into Device Selection and click on "Detect Displays". If the first click doesn't get it, another click might (I always had to do it twice). Click "Apply" when you can.... hopefully that second monitor will light up....

- m0rph :-D
Techion   2003-01-03 08:48
I am also having the same problem trying to run a fixed freq monitor off the second port on my winfast 250a ultra td geforce 4 card. I'm using
win 2k on a pent 4 850e chipset. If I use the detonator dirvers will it cause a conflict? Also there is no place to force the second port to turn on from advanced settings.
b.cox   2003-01-03 12:05
Well I tried to load both detonator driver 40.72 and 41.03 and cannot get the nview screens up. There is a nview setting in the control panel but it does absolutly nothing. There are no "nview" setting or "Device Selection" in my advanced display properties. I am running xp pro by the way. Is nview installed with the detonator driver or seperate?
Thanks in advance

also known as languna
m0rph   2003-01-05 06:42
(sigh) I bet you're frustrated. Nothing worse than spending your hard-earned cash on hardware that you can't get to work right away.... :-(

YES, nView is part of the detonator drivers. Once the driver is installed, you should have access to nView capabilities automagically. The only other thing I can think of is that nView isn't treating the two outputs on your card separately. Go back into your advanced settings > geforce, and click on Desktop Utilities. There should be a checkbox to allow nView to treat your two outputs as separate displays. Enable (check) it, OK, Apply. Then try to enable your second monitor from your initial Display Properties screen.

Here's hoping for your dual!!

- m0rph :-D
b.cxo   2003-01-07 01:36
I had a meltdown during the weekend and had to reload xp. I did a "clean" install of the det 41.03 drivers and found that it doesn't give me any vniew capacity or "overclocking" in the display properties. There are no "nview", "GeForce", or "Device Selection" options in the Properties > Settings > Advanced . Only when I reload msi's 31.00 drivers can I get a "overclocking" and "info" in the main properties panel and can get vniew to work. I have yet to see any nview settings in the "advanced" properties. I think its a msi specific thing.

Has anyone been able to get the det 4.XX drivers to work with their MSI card (ti4200-vtd64 to be more specific)?

I can't remimber my name, My head hurts... lan something
m0rph   2003-01-07 08:41
I don't get it.... ah well, guess this deserves a more aggressive approach. Do you use any Instant Messenger client (AOL, yahoo)? I can meet ya there and try to help you work this out. I'm in Silicon Valley, CA [nVidia is right down the street!] (Pacific Time), for reference. If successful, we can post our results here for others to marvel at...

- m0rph :-P
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> msi ti4200 won't detect second rgb monitor